Thursday, January 21, 2016

Matilda

Matilda
What are you guys up to? reading a new book? tell us.

I haven't been up to much. I picked up my O'level,IGCSE,SSC results the other day. Apart from 3/8 subs I got A's and A*'s -- so I am kinda okay I guess. I applied for an higher secondary school, I sent the three subjects for rechecking today.

Since today I wasn't feeling so well, I ended up being in bed later this evening with Matilda by Roald Dahl in my hands. I'm totally in love with this book. Before I continue further, I'll like to thank Anya, one of my bestie who lent me this book of wonder. 

I am absolutely in love with Matilda's character! We can relate to her in some way am I right? We are readers. Some of you are experts in maths (unlike me *sigh*), others in English whilst other in many other fields...!

I absolutely hate Mr and Mrs. Wormwood. They are the kind of parents that make me cringe. I hate how Mrs.Wormwood is either playing bingo or is sitting in front of the tally with heavily caked make-up. I hate how Mr.Wormwood makes me furious. He is the opposite of gender equality. I hate how he differentiate between Matilda and Micheal just because she's a girl and he's a boy.

Also I cannot possibly form a sentence about how much I loathe Miss Trunchbull. She is a bully and she is horrid. I completely hate her character and she deserve the sour end she got. I had a teacher like her in grade nine and it made me hate Miss Trunchbull even more. However I totally adore Miss Honey. She and Matilda are total gems.

I guess Micheal is okay, but I hate how his mind is infested thinking his fathers crooked ways are genius; then again you can't blame the boy as you can tell that he actually did care when he turned back to Matilda before leaving to Spain.

And; this is probably the longest review ever. I just had to. I was so lost into the book that every detail fascinated me. What is your favorite Roald Dahl book?

Ratings: 5/5 ⭐

2 comments:

  1. I loved the movie as a child. Legit, one of my alltime favs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the movie as a child. Legit, one of my alltime favs.

    ReplyDelete