Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Uglies

Uglies
Since the day after my last post,Sister Assassin, I started to read Uglies by Scott Westerfeld which I finished yesterday. I really love this book and the way the Smokies look at beauty. This have to be one of the best books I read lately.

I would really suggest this book to everyone, hats off to you Mr.Westerfeld.

Tally was supposed to turn in to a pretty on her 16th birthday, along with her newly met friend Shay. But Shay didn't want to turn pretty, Shay liked herself the way she was; so she runs away to Smokies, because of the pressure to look pretty and pressure from her parents and her best friend Peris; who is already pretties, Tally goes to smokies as a spy where her opinion about Pretties change.

It was kind of an eye opener as it showed how believing beauty needs to fit into a certain standard can infest minds, and change the way you think about things -- start thinking from someone else brain. Feel insecure and such.

I can't wait to get my hands on the second part of this wonderful trilogy; Pretties.

Ratings: 5/5 ⭐

No comments:

Post a Comment